The work of the Italian artist Pier Giorgio De Pinto thrives on the relationship between representation and concept in a constantly and suddenly changing image-based society in search of a new identity. Since the sixties, recent changes have been taking place in parallel with the rise of new technologies, which partly replace man, conceptualising his creative actions. The result is the advent and materialisation of a new aesthetic of art and, by analogy, of that self-same creative action. Machinery first, then later computerised technologies have truly influenced the language of art in an aesthetic sense: excellent artifices of the process of the virtualisation and creation of countless rhizomes of virtual worlds and invented parallels.
Encoding and decoding, identity and otherness are the themes that De Pinto develops continuously. He is passionate about the use of new media as a means to involve the audience, creating performative experiences and immersive environments. Currently He is focused on synthesizing expanded cinema, live performances, AR (Augmented Reality), VR (Virtual Reality), digital codes, infographics, mapping territories and human factors as a way of combining different physical and virtual media to tell a story through experiential installations.
De Pinto has generated an important addition to his opus, which is conceived of globally as “Future is now”. A Genius Loci (spirit of place) as a territorial comparison and a new geographic/geometric definition, using the body as territory in terms of its “divine” proportions. This aspect of definition is not restricted to the body alone, but includes a journey on our common environment, our planet, whose route can be plotted on the body, developing a work with contemporary esoteric and alchemic features and how they relate to the archetypal forms of the past.
In many of his works, sounds, objects, watercolors and drawings, coded movies, functional architecture and interactive installations create spaces that develop a poetic and conceptual dimension through sensory perception, tactile experience, reflection and awareness. He is constantly seeking new ways of drawing the viewer into active participation rather than simply remaining a neutral observer. Art can and should be an experiential, transformative encounter, both externally and internally.
De Pinto has exhibited and performed in numerous institutions, museums and art centres, such as Tate Britain and Whitechapel Gallery in London, Pesti Vigadó Palace in Budapest, Modern Art Museum of Yerevan, Armenia; La Raffinerie/Charleroi Danse in Brussels. Palazzo Medici Riccardi in Florence, Palazzo Ducale in Genoa, ViaFarini DOCVA and BASE in Milan, Raucci/Santamaria Studio Project, Milan. Pinault Foundation at Punta della Dogana, Palazzo Grassi in Venice, Museo Tornielli in Ameno. MACT & CACT Museo e Centro d’Arte Contemporanea Ticino and Museo Villa dei Cedri in Bellinzona, i2a International Institute of Architecture in Lugano, Haus der elektronischen Künste and Fondation Beyeler in Basel, Kunsthaus Baselland in Muttenz, Le Manoir in Martigny, and Cabaret Voltaire in Zürich, Lausanne University of Art and Design (ECAL). Breed Art Studios in Amsterdam, Pulchri Studio, The Hague. Studio 1 at Kunstquartier Bethanien, Berlin. He also exhibited in the 7th Berlin Biennale and He was among the artists of Manifesta 11 in Zurich and of Regionale 17 in Basel. His artworks can be found in international public, private and corporate collections.
Pier Giorgio De Pinto
1968, Born in Civitavecchia, (Rome). He lives and works in Ticino, Switzerland.
Artist in the Swiss SIK ISEA database.
Member of ProLitteris.
Member of the Guild of Artists of Cabaret der Künstler – Zunfthaus Voltaire, Zurich, Switzerland.
(Selected) Solo Exhibitions
2023 Nothing in this photo is real, not even the photo itself. On line Solo exhibition for ‘Il Crepaccio Instagram Show’ commissioned and curated by Caroline Corbetta
2023 Through a Venetian Blind Glass. Solo exhibition at Raucci/Santamaria Studio Project Milano (I).
2022 Revelation of Beauty. MACT & CACT Museo e Centro d’Arte Contemporanea Ticino, Switzerland.
2018 Geoalchimie. MARS Milan Artist Run Space, Milan (I)
2017 Evolution of a construction project. 5B Space, Bellinzona (CH).
2016 Creatures #4. Interactive installation at Keck-Kiosk, Basel (CH).
2016 How to heal our broken hearts. Performance and interactive installation at Cabaret Voltaire, Dada Zurich (CH).
2015 Fraught. Double solo show and long durational performance by Pier Giorgio De Pinto & Valter Luca Signorile. MACT/CACT Contemporary Art Ticino (CH).
2014 Creatures #3. Interactive installation at [.BOX] Videoart Project Space. Milano (I).
2013 Soft-in Soft-out [encoding and decoding]. Riss(e). Studio Ermanno Cristini, Varese (I).
2012 Pier Giorgio De Pinto. Monographic showreel. Visualcontainer TV by [.BOX], Milano (I).
2012 Strange Fruits. Solo Project room at MACT/CACT (CH) .
2011 Hidden Geographies Double solo show with Pier Giorgio De Pinto (Future is now) and Mirko Aretini (Body Identity) at MACT/CACT (CH).
2010 Corpus. MACT/CACT (CH).
(Selected) Group Exhibitions
2023 Die Koordinaten der Kunst (Le Latitudini dell’Arte/The Latitudes of Art). Biennale in Berlin. Studio 1 – Kunstquartier Bethanien, Berlin, Germany.
2023 EXI[S]T. Sublimazione della funzionalità (Sublimating Functionality). Group Exhibition with Setfania Beretta, Pier Giorgio De Pinto, Parapluie, Nina Staehli.
2022 Prompt Generations. With Alan Bogana, Dogan Erdal, Julian Bonequi, Marc Librescu, Marco Cadioli, Mattia Casalegno, Patrick Lickty, Pier Giorgio De Pinto, Sabrina Rattè, Vladimir Alexeev. Curated by Ennio Bianco, Pier Giorgio De Pinto in collaboration with Giorgio De Novellis. Exhibition on 3D Platform by Arte.Go.it.
2022 Pasolini. Lo Sguardo del Contemporaneo (Pasolini. A Contemporary gaze). Group exhibition with Federico Bonelli, Marcela Cemadas, Pier Giorgio De Pinto, Elisabetta Di Sopra, Sylvestre Gauvrit, Carla Iacono, Viviana Milan, Anne-Claire van den Elshout. Pulchri Studio, The Hague, The Netherlands. Curated by Virginia Monteverde.
2022 Gli Incontri Della Luna (Moon’s Encounters). Group Exhibition with Carlo Busiri Vici (1926/2019) – Pier Giorgio De Pinto – Francesco Pedraglio – Norbert Schwontkowski (1949/2013) – Enrico Tealdi – Padraig Timoney – Pietro Villani (1866/1935). Raucci/Santamaria Studio Project, Milan, Italy. Curated by Umberto Raucci.
2021 Gli Artisti di Segrete contro la Guerra. (Segrete Artists against the war). Various Artists’ video projection at Palazzo Ducale, Genoa, Italy and other various venues.
2021 Cartografia sensibile. (Perceptible Cartography). Curated by Lorenza Boisi. Multi-venue event: Museo Tornielli – Parco Neogotico, Ameno. Fondazione Calderara, Vacciago. Sacro Monte di Orta – Cappella Nuova, Orta San Giulio, Italy.
2021 Enigma Variations: an exhibition about fluidity of Genre. Curated by Mario Casanova. MACT & CACT Museo e Centro d’Arte Contemporanea Ticino, Switzerland.
2020 Il Respiro dell’Arte. Group Show. Curated by Virginia Monteverde. Palazzo Ducale, Genova, Italy.
2019 Il “Valore” dell’Arte, group show curated by Fondazione per l’Arte in collaboration with Banca Profilo. Venue Banca Profilo, via Carissimi 41, Rome, Italy.
2019 Territories: Osmosis between Art and Collectibles. From Portrait to Landscape; from Object to Subject. Anonymous nineteenth- and twentieth-century works and various Artists. MACT/CACT Arte Contemporanea Ticino, Bellinzona, Switzerland.
2019 Intersezioni digitali. Group show at Chiesa Storica, San Martino di Lupari, Padova, Italy
2018 REFRESH 02 – #LAYERS – Contemporary Art in the Digital Era. Curated by Fabio Paris and organised by iMAL, Bruxelles.
2018 Enigma and Desire: Intimate Thoughts about the Functionality of Art, Intangibility and Diagonals in Time. Group show at MACT/CACT, Bellinzona, Switzerland.
2017 Biennale Le Latitudini dell’Arte. Pesti Vigadó Palace, Budapest, Hungary.
2017 Sensorium. Galleria Civica d’Arte Contemporanea, Palazzo Raeli, Floridia, Italy.
2017 In(de)finiti luoghi. Utopie architettoniche e realtà artistiche. Villa dei Cedri Museum. Bellinzona, Switzerland.
2017 Dadaclub.on line.The Exhibition. Spazio Arte Contemporanea Brescia, Italy.
2016 Regionale 17, a trans-regional art festival – Various venues in France, Germany and Switzerland.
2016 refresh01 – #LAYERS, Spazio Contemporanea Brescia, Italy. Curated by Fabio Paris, Produced by Link Art Center.
2016 Rifugi. Le Cabanon Art Space at University of Lausanne (UNIL) in collaboration with Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland. Curated by Nicolò Latini.
2016 Come Closer – Experimenting with a Wunderkammer of Vanities. MACT/CACT (CH). Curated by Mario Casanova.
2016 Manifesta 11. The European Biennial of contemporary Art. Zurich (CH). Aa.Vv. Performance at Cabaret der Künstler – Zunfthaus Voltaire, Zurich (CH). Curated by Christian Jankowski
2016 Transumarte. Castle of Malaspina Fieschi Doria, Santo Stefano D’Aveto (I). Curated by Ivano Sossella.
2016 C&F at laltalena, Julia Krahn Studio, Milan (I). Curated by Ivano Sossella and Massimo Kaufmann.
2016 Group exhibition Chaostrophy at Ludwig, Berlin (D). Curated by Ceven Knowles.
2016 Digitale Abstraktionen at Haus der elektronischen Künste Basel (CH). Curated by Alexandra Adler and Reinhard Storz.
2015 End in Nation/Back Home. Museo Borgogna, Vercelli (I) Curated by Lorella Giudici.
2015 Le latitudini dell’arte 2nd edition, Biennale d’Arte Contemporanea Hungary and Italy. Palazzo Ducale, Sale del Munizioniere – Genoa (I). Curated by Virginia Monteverde.
2015 Giovanni Dal Monte. Visible music for unheard visions. Curated by Luca Beatrice.
Il Pomo da Damo. Contemporary Art, Imola (I).
2015 Come Closer. Le Manoir, Martigny (CH).
2015 Segrete. Tracce di memoria. Palazzo Ducale, Genoa, Italy
2014 Unexpected Visions. Video d’arte internazionale dalla XVII Biennale d’arte di Penne (I) 2013, MUSAP Foundation. Aurum, Pescara, Italy.
2014 Come Closer. MAMY Modern Art Museum Yerevan. Armenia.
2014 An image collector’s private cabinet. MACT/CACT Arte Contemporanea Ticino (CH).
2014 The Voice and the Lens. Whitechapel Gallery, London (UK).
2014 End in Nation by StudioDieci. Museo Civico del marmo. Carrara (I), Palazzo Ducale. Genoa (I), Palazzo Medici Riccardi. Florence (I).
2014 Late at Tate Britain. Art meets film: Moving image. Tate Britain, London, UK.
2013 Unexpected stories (between places and walls). Museo Archeologico, Museo Arte Moderna e Contemporanea (MAMeC) Penne (I).
2013 Fuori! Fondazione Sandro Penna/Fuori. Torino (I).
2013 The Solitary Body: self-portraiture in contemporary photography. MACT/CACT, (CH).
2012 Il corpo solitario. L’autoscatto. MUSINF Museo della fotografia. Senigallia (I).
2012 Brut: Beyond The Outline. MACT/CACT (CH).
2012 Forget Fear, 7th Berlin Biennale for Contemporary Art . Berlin, different venues, Aa.Vv. Curated by Artur Żmijewski.
2012 Open Studios: Pier Giorgio De Pinto & Dorothee von Rechenberg. Christoph Merian Stiftung, Ateliers im Kunst Freilager OSLO, Basel/Münchenstein. (CH).
2012 Time is Love 5. Different venues.
2010 Everything Is Just Wonderful! Blissland Project Space, Berlin (DE).
2010 The Portrait Regained. MACT/CACT (CH).
2010 Prix du Quartier des Bains. Freestudios Gallery, Geneva (CH).
(Selected) Transmedia/Special Events/Festivals/Collaborations/Performances
2022 Mapping Post-Internet Art out of the Project “Post-Internet Arts Education Research” by Kristin Klein & Eva Klein, University of Cologne, Germany.
2022 “The Segrete artists against the war”. Various Artists’ video projection at Palazzo Ducale, Genoa, Italy.
2022 Roundtable L’Arte come sublimazione della Memoria (Art as a sublimation of Memory) – Meeting with Manuela Composti, Stefano Bigazzi, Virginia Monteverde. Curated by Art Commission in collaboration with University Library of Genova and the Shoah Memorial of Milan. Milano Centrale Railway Station, Track 21, Milan, Italy.
2021 The Wish-Key. Performance at MACT & CACT Museo e Centro d’Arte Contemporanea Ticino, Switzerland; on the occasion of the exhibition Lieux communs, Martin Disler / TOMAK.
2021 Kunsthaus-Video-Fenster. Pier Giorgio De Pinto Video Selection at Kunsthaus Baselland, Muttenz, Switzerland.
2019 Ritorno all’Oasi (Back to the Oasis). Interactive installation in collaboration with Paolo Gorgi Communication. San Martino di Lupari, Padova, Italy.
2019 Human-Human collaboration Art, Workshop and multimedia event with Paolo Gallina and Pier Giorgio De Pinto. In collaboration with DIA (Department of Engineering and Architecture) of the University of Trieste and IED Milano for Milano Digital Week at Base, Milano, Italy.
2019 Il piccolo Giotto. Web project by Lorenza Boisi, Giulio Catelli e Luca De Angelis. Monthly editions with various artists.
2019 Dansonography, interactive project with Alessia della Casa, Pier Giorgio De Pinto, Kety Fusco and Alessio Sabella for PREMIO (Premio Schweiz) Young talent award for theater and dance at Théâtre Les Halles (TLH), Sierre, Canton of Valais, Switzerland.
2018 Reset-Food. Brain Art performance together with Paolo Gallina, professor of robotics. Long durational performance with a final venue at Ratanà Restaurant, Milano, Italy.
2018 Music was my first love. July 10-11 – Performance and interactive installation for Territori Festival, Ticino, Switzerland, Castelgrande Castle, Bellinzona.
2018 Il museo esteso: tra visione e partecipazione (the extended museum: between viewing and participation). Interactive tour with the audience. Museum Villa dei Cedri, Bellinzona,Ticino, Switzerland on the occasion of Territori Festival.
2018 Incognite. Performance by Chiara Ottavi in collaboration with Pier Giorgio De Pinto and Hochschule Luzern, Kunst & Vermittlung, Design & Kunst, Lucerne, Switzerland.
2018 Oltre la Grande Soglia (Beyond the Great Threshold), event in collaboration with Sara Flaadt at Scherchen House and Gravesano Church. Gravesano, Switzerland.
2018 Contribution to the project Everything I know by Mariagrazia Pontorno, Pisa, Italy-Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.
2017 Video ‘WTF did I just watch?’ for the ABCBA project by CrudoStudio, London, UK
2017 Node Bodies. Immersive/Interactive installation and performance for Lost Senses. Guest Projects/Yinka Shonibare Studio, London, UK.
2017 Creatures #5, Pier Giorgio De Pinto&Katia Vaghi. Dance Festival, i2a International Insitute for Architecture, La Limonaia, Villa Saroli, Lugano, Switzerland.
2016 Helicotrema Recorded Audio Festival 2016. Palazzo Grassi, Venice (I).
2016 Film program O[slo] N[ight] 2016 by Haus der elektronischen Künste Basel (CH). Event curated by Alexandra Adler in collaboration with Clea Wanner and Nicole Meier at HGK Hochschule für Gestaltung und Kunst, studio Cinema, Basel (CH).
2016 Performance at ‘StrofeDipinteDiJazz Event‘ by Liberatorio d’arte Fulvio Zonch Ass., Laghetti di Romans d’Isonzo, Gorizia (I). Curated by Gianluca Doria, Sergio Pancaldi, Chiara Spizzamiglio.
2015 Helicotrema Recorded Audio Festival 2015 Palazzo Grassi Punta della Dogana, François Pinault Foundation, Venice (I).
2015 Talk and book presentation 6PM Your local time at La Triennale di Milano and MAXXI MUseum Rome (I). Curated by Link Center for the Arts of the Information Age , Brescia (I).
2015 AMAE/De Pinto 58 (+1) INDICES ON THE BODY. Index 42: the phases of the pomegranate. Live stream performance in collaboration with AMAE and Jean-Luc Nancy.
2015 Music Was My First Love. Performance and interactive audio visual installation for the event 6PM Your local time. Castle of Brescia, Brescia (I) and De Pinto’s studio (CH).
2015 Call to action #yourXXI. MAXXI Museum, Rome (I).
2014 All Glitched Up as part of BP Loud Tate Britain 2014: Code. Tate Britain, London, UK.
2014 We are what we pass down. Performance with Karine Janjughazyan at MAMY Modern Art Museum Yerevan. Armenia.
2014 Sommernachtsfest – Summer night’s Gala 2014, Fondation Beyeler, Basel-Riehen. Performer for Centerpiece, a long durational performance curated by Marina Abramovic.
2014 Helicotrema Recorded Audio Festival curated by Blauer Hase. AMAE/De Pinto 58(+1) Indices on the body. ViaFarini DOCVA, Careof DOCVA, Milano.
2014 Schweizerische Plastikausstellung Biel/Expositions Suisses de Sculpture Bienne. Le Mouvement/Performing the City. Performer for Simone Forti‘s Huddle performance. Bienne/Biel, Switzerland.
2014 Oslo Night 2014 – Movie for the open-air Cinema. Haus für elektronische Künste, Basel.
2014 Workshop and Performance. 58+1 Indices on the body. The Living Archive. MACT/CACT (CH)
2014 INACT Festival 2014. Strasbourg (FR).
2014 L’Ora Blu Format Video_Projection for “Le conseguenze dell’amare” (The implications of loving). Accademia delle Belle Arti di Bologna, Italy.
2013 Oslo Night 2013 Arts Festival at Oslostrasse, Basel. Special Event BYOB. Interactive installation in the industrial hall RaumD. Curated by Haus für elektronische Künste, Basel.
2013 AMAE/DE PINTO 58 (+1) indices on the body, Index N.17_Proximity and Distance. Spuren 2.0 symposium at E-WERK in Freiburg (D)
2013 AMAE/DE PINTO 58 (+1) indices on the body Index n.10_The unity of a touch.
_ENCOUNTERS exhibition at @AE Harris, Birmingham (UK).
2013 AMAE/DE PINTO 58 (+1) indices on the body Index N.17_Proximity and Distance.
Kommunales Kino Gallery in Freiburg (D)
2012 Visuals for Femina Faber’s concert at l’Usine/Kalvingrad, Geneva, CH.
2012 Femina Faber’s Live at MIAAO Museo Internazionale delle Arti Applicate Oggi, Turin (I)
2012 Video Contribution to the project Where is the sun, now and here and there by Monika Sennhauser (CH).
2012 BYOB (Bring Your Own Beamer). Images Festival des Arts Visuels de Vevey. (CH).
2012 Visuals “amplexum mentis- ut cosmo concordent voces”. for Femina Faber at MACT/CACT.
2012 Transiti. Editing video from the MACT Collection for the showreel at [.BOX], Milano (I).
2012 Video for Geberit. Fuorisalone 2012. Milano, Brera Design District. (I)
2012 BZS74PT117. Video for Miki Tallone (CH) on the occasion of her participation to Little Constellation project. Presentation of the Little Constellation dvd box at dOCUMENTA (13), Kassel (D), August 2012. Published by Mousse.
2011 Festival Tec Art Eco 03. Performance and workshop Augustinian Melody with Chiara Guidi and Scott Gibbons, Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio at MAGA Museum, Gallarate, Milan (I).
2011 Festival for Fanzines and Self-published Books, Marguerite Duras Library in Paris (FR).
2011 My Home has a golden Guest. Site specific installation and long durational performance. Sound environment by Andrew Zealley produced by PSBEUYS (Toronto, CA). CACT (CH).
2017 Course in 3D design and printing. SAM Professional School in Arts and Crafts, Bellinzona, Switzerland.
2015 Course of Sumi-e, traditional Japanese Ink wash painting, with the Master Shozo Koike. Nippon Project, Japan Matsuri, Ticino, Switzerland.
2003-04 School of Cinema, direction, acting. Florence, Italy.
2001 Dubbing course at Ancam, Rome and Florence, Italy.
2000-02 School of Theatre, elocution and acting at Colosseum Space. Prato, Florence, Italy.
1983-1989 IPA Saffi, Florence, Italy.
2017 Performing bodies. Selfie Choreography: Performing with the Camera. Workshop with Harold Offeh during the event Lost Senses. Guest Projects/Yinka Shonibare Studio, UK.
2014 Training with Marina Abramovic, Lynsey Peisinger and Rebecca Davis for the long-durational performance Centerpiece. Sommernachtsfest – Summer night’s Gala 2014, Fondation Beyeler, Basel-Riehen, CH.
2014 Training with the choreographer Claire Filmon for the performance Huddle, performance by Simone Forti. Le Mouvement 2014 – Performing the City, Biel/Bienne, CH.
-Gewaltfreie Aktion. Körper und Bewegung (No violent action. Body and movement). Workshop by Sarah Bechmann. Freiburg, D.
-Dialogische Handlung (Dialogical action). Workshop by Alice Koubová. Freiburg, D.
-Verkörperung. Tanz. Therapie (Incarnation. Dance. Therapy). Workshop by Marianne Eberhard-Kächele.Freiburg (D).
-Finding your solo voice. Workshop by choreographer Graham Smith.Freiburg, D.
– Workshop in Spatial Data Art, Urban computing, Geo-Mapping, Social patterns with Prof. Mauro Martino of MIT, Barabási Lab at Center for Complex Network Research; Harvard University, Boston. USA.
– Fundraising Course with Brainard Carey of The Artworld Demystified in New York, USA.
– Workshop in experimental theatre with Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio. Museo MAGA IT
– First degree Reiki class. Switzerland.
– Rebirthing, breathwork Course. Tenuta dei Ciclamini, Scuola di Mogol, Terni, IT
– Dance Classes. Contact improvisation. Blue Company, Sesto Fiorentino, Florence, IT
2003-04 Videoart course at Fondazione Ragghianti, Lucca, Italy.
(Selected) Art Residencies
2018 Cartografia sensibile. Artist residency at CARS, Omegna. Italy
2016 Guest artist at toll&kühn studio in Werkraum Warteck pp, Basel (CH).
2014 Guest artist at MAMY Museum of Modern Art Yerevan, Armenia.
2012 Guest artis at Kunst, Atelier und Gewerbehaus Oslo, Basel, Christoph Merian Stiftung’s studio (Atelier Mondial) for iaab – international artists exchange and studio program Basel) (CH).
(Selected) Teaching, educational activities, master classes and workshops
2018 Digital synesthesia, play with the image, listen with the body. Tactile, optical and acoustic perception experiences. Workshop with the students of the Cardinale Agostini Secondary school in San Martino di Lupari, Italy.
2018 Educational workshop leader for the exhibition Burri – Fontana – Afro – Capogrossi. Nuovi orizzonti nell’arte del secondo dopoguerra (New horizons in post-World War II art) March 24 – September 2 2018. Museum Villa dei Cedri, Bellinzona, Ticino, Switzerland.
2018 Lecture ‘Dialogo con il corpo’ (conversation with the body). Students and professionals of clinical ethics and clinical humanities at Supsi, University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland. Venue: library of MACT/CACT Arte Contemporanea Ticino (CH).
2017 Lecture ‘Know-how: between real and digital tools’. Lecture at Liceo Cantonale di Bellinzona, Ticino, Switzerland.
2015 Me and the Armenian genocide. Workshop with Edmond Habetian at MAMY Modern Art Museum Yerevan. Armenia.
2015 C.O.R.E Strange Foreign Bodies. Workshop with students of SOKA University, CA, USA.
2014 Master class at National Center of Aesthetics, Studio-college, Yerevan, Armenia.
2014 C.O.R.E. Strange Foreign Bodies. Workshop in collaboration with the philosopher
Jean-Luc Nancy and AMAE Art Collective. MACT/CACT Arte Contemporanea Ticino (CH).
2010 (since) Media trainer at MACT/CACT Arte Contemporanea Ticino (CH).
(Selected) Cultural collaborations/curatorship
2022 – Co-curator with Ennio Bianco for the exhibition Prompt Generations. With Alan Bogana, Dogan Erdal, Julian Bonequi, Marc Librescu, Marco Cadioli, Mattia Casalegno, Patrick Lickty, Pier Giorgio De Pinto, Sabrina Rattè, Vladimir Alexeev. In collaboration with Giorgio De Novellis. Exhibition on 3D Platform by Arte.Go.it
2017-2018 Co-coordinator with Tiziana Conte for Festa danzante 2018 (Dance festival 2018); event organized by Reso, Dance Network Switzerland.
2010-2018 Co-curator, media trainer, graphic designer for MACT/CACT Arte Contemporanea Ticino, Tessin, Switzerland.
2012-2021 Collaboration with the philosopher Jean-Luc Nancy and the AMAE Art Collective in London, with Ivan Lupi, Research Fellow of the Centre for Fine Art Research (CFAR), Birmingham City University (UK); in collaboration with Prof. Daniel Fetzner and Dr. Martin Dornberg of the research group mbody, University of Freiburg (D).
2012 – Mybodyisyourbody Project (How Many Drops For Chaos?) Performance and video streaming by AMAE Art Collective, MACT/CACT Arte Contemporanea Ticino (CH).
2012 – Collaboration with Mediamus as coordinator for the cultural mediation program Cactyou! for the event «Croiser les regards» Transdisciplinarity in cultural mediations.
2012 – co-curator with Mario Casanova for the show Subtle Psycho-Geographies: A Calvary for the Image.
2011 – Curator of the exhibition Arspolis in Lugano, Switzerland; selected for the Swiss Exhibition Award 2011.
(Selected) Grants, Awards, Special Jury mentions and invitations
De Pinto’s site has been selected by the Swiss National Library (NL) for Web Archive Switzerland, 2022. This collection is the result of cooperation between the NL, the Swiss cantonal libraries as well as other specialized libraries and Swiss archives.
Finalist as curator for the group exhibition Arspolis 1. Extimity. The familiar stranger. Real, Symbolic and Imaginary of the others. Swiss Exhibition Award 2011 (CH).
Finalist as artist for the double solo show Hidden Geographies. Swiss Exhibition Award 2011. (CH).
-Special mention REFF RomaeuropaFAKEFactory 2009-2010 (I).
-Selected for Prix du Quartier des Bains, Geneva (CH), 2010
(Selected) Public and Corporate Collections (Private collectors are not mentioned)
2022 The work ‘Setting a Landscape Series. Autunno sui Monti della Gana, Monti Velloni, Ticino’ is part of the artworks belonging to the State Collection of Canton Ticino, currently at MASI Museo d’Arte della Svizzera Italiana (Museum of Art of “Italian Switzerland”), Lugano, Switzerland.
2022 Four works out of the series ‘Soft in Soft out’ have been acquired by BancaStato, Banca dello Stato del Cantone Ticino (The State Bank of Canton Ticino), Bellinzona, Switzerland.
2021 Kosmos Kultur Stiftung (Kosmos Kultur Foundation) in Lucerne, Switzerland, has acquired a watercolour from the “Blessings of the masses” series.
2017 The triptych “World Map”, out of the ‘Future is now’ series, is part of the artworks belonging to the State Collection of Canton Ticino, currently at MASI Museo d’Arte della Svizzera Italiana (Museum of Art of “Italian Switzerland”), Lugano, Switzerland.
2017 The work ‘Fake 3D is part of the Campiani Collection of Dada Art in Brescia, Italy.
(Selected) Publications, bibliography, critic texts, interviews, articles, review
– Review by Neve Mazzoleni “Da New York a Venezia: le vedute di Pier Giorgio De Pinto in mostra a Milano” on Artribune Magazine, April 2023
– TV Report for Cult+ TV “Da Venezia al Cosmo” by Stefano Roncoroni and Debora Huber for RSI, Swiss Italian Television, January 2023
– Review by Ennio Bianco about the exhibition “Prompt Generations” on Arte.go.it, December 2022
– Review by Vladimir Alexeev (Merzmensch) about the exhibition “Prompt Generations” on Medium.com, December 2022
– Review by Claudia Eugster for Experimenta Magazine; edited by Prof. Dr. Mario Andreotti and Rudiger Heins. “Persian Spring issue”, November 2022.
– Exhibition catalogue ‘Pasolini. Lo Sguardo del Contemporaneo’ (Pasolini. A Contemporary gaze). Texts by Paola Cordone, Carlo Montanaro, Virginia Monteverde. 2022
– Critic text by Margreet Hofland ‘Pasolini, Geliefd en Gehaat’ (Pasolini, Loved and Hated) for Den Haag Central newspaper. August 2022
– Critic text by Walter van Teeffelen ‘Pasolini: a contemporary gaze – Pasolini door acht kunstenaars tot leven gewekt | Pulchri Den Haag’ (Pasolini: a contemporary gaze – Pasolini brought to life by eight artists | Pulchri The Hague). ‘if then is now’ Cultural Magazine, August 2022
– Review by Neve Mazzoleni “Gli artisti e la Luna una mostra collettiva a Milano”on Artribune Magazine, July 2022
– Book ‘Un robot per vincere le tentazioni: Come le macchine antiedonistiche boicottano i nostri istinti’. (A robot to overcome temptations: How anti-hedonistic machines boycott our instincts). Paolo Gallina, associate professor of Applied Mechanics and Robotics at the Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture, University of Trieste, Trieste (Italy). Edizioni Dedalo. 2021
– Article ‘Cartografia sensibile. Un’indagine sentimentale, artistica e poetica sul territorio’. Segno magazine, November, December 2021
– Special catalogue on the occasion of Cartografia Sensibile (Perceptible Cartography) “Gioca e Colora” (Coloring book), September 2021
– Article Ticino Magazine Arte: Allo spazio d’Arte MACT/CACT ‘Variazioni Enigma’ e ‘Quintett’, March 2021
– Critic text “Quando l’arte indossa la mascherina, com’è il suo respiro?” (When art wears a mask, how is its breathing?) by Amina Gaia Abdelouahab for wall:out magazine, 2020
– Interview with Bettina Bush and Virginia Monteverde for the ongoing project “Il respiro dell’Arte” (The Art’s breath), 2020
– TV Report for Cult TV “Stuzzichini Geoalchemici per Ronco” by Stefano Roncoroni, RSI, Swiss Italian Television, July 2019
– 58 Indices On The Body: A Reflection on Translations through Language, Technology and Sounds – Selected Indices Soundworks and Musical Pieces w/Sentiment Analysis by Stephen Roddy, 2019
– Review by Mario Savini on Il Sole 24ore for #LAYERS, Brussels, 2018
– Article by Dominique Moulon for #LAYERS, Brussels on mediaartdesign.net, 2018
– Article, interview to Linda Rocco ‘How a London art exhibition will help you reconnect with yourself’, Lost senses exhibition by Angelo Mitakos. GQ Magazine, UK, 2017
– Review by Teodora Pasquinelli for Lost senses on Arte e Critica n.90, November 2017
– TV report for Festa danzante/Creatures #5 by Deborah Caccaviello for “Turné”, LA1 TV Channel RSI, Swiss Italian Television, May 2017
– Interview for Creatures #5 by Margherita Coldesina for “Danza con il selfie”, Rete 2 Radio Channel RSI, May 2017
– Interview for Festa Danzante/Creatures #5 by Rosy Nervi, Rete 3 Radio Channel for “Rete 3 Club”, RSI, May 2017
– Exhibition catalogue Dadaclub.online. The Exhibition. Curated by Fabio Paris, Produced by Link Art Center.
– Exhibition catalogue In(de)finiti luoghi. Utopie architettoniche e realtà artistiche. 2017 Ed. Sottoscala. Switzerland
– Interview by Neve Mazzoleni for Artribune Magazine, December 2016
– Interview by Igor Nastic for Liberatv.ch, December 2016
– Interview by Tiziana Gemini for IED Master Magazine. November 2016
– Exhibition catalogue refresh01 – #LAYERS. Curated by Fabio Paris, Produced by Link Art Center. November 2016
– Exhibition catalogue Digitale Abstraktionen, ebook by xcult.org, the Art Institute of the Academy of Art and Design in Basel FHNW and HeK (House of Electronic Arts Basel). October 2016
– Exhibition catalogue Transumarte. Castle of Malaspina Fieschi Doria, Santo Stefano D’Aveto (I). August 2016
– Exhibition catalogue Cazziefighe, Emmegi Contemporary, Milano, Edizioni Tiratura Limita, June 2016
– Article on Artmapp – Das Kunstmagazin für Entdecher, Germany. March 2016
– Article, DXImagazine La Batalla de la vida/Pier Giorgio De Pinto/Valter Luca Signorile by Daniel Pernudo, Valencia, Spain. March 2016
– Article, magazine for ILSREC Istituto Ligure per la Storia della Resistenza e dell’ Età Contemporanea (Ligurian Institute for the History of Resistance and Contemporary Age). January 2016
– Critic text Life, Death, Ribirth. In an exhibition in Ticino. Text by Simona Squadrito. Artribune, January 2016
– Critic text “FRAUGHT. Esplorazioni dello stato arcaico al MACT/CACT” by Erica Romano for Artnoise. December 2015
– Article Vedere in Canton Ticino, Il Giornale dell’Arte October/December 2015
– Article Almanacco – Eventi da non perdere. Touring Club Italiano, November 2015
– Exhibition catalogue 6PM Your Local Time. Curated by Link Center for the Arts of the Information Age , Brescia (I). September 2015.
– Book MACT/CACT Cahier d’art #10. MACT/CACT Collection 1994-2015. September 2015.
– Exhibition catalogue Le latitudini dell’arte II edition, Hungary and Italy. Biennale d’Arte Contemporanea. Palazzo Ducale, Sale del Munizioniere, Genoa (I). July 2015
– Interview for Music was my first love/6pm eu by Petra Mazzoni, Rete Tre RSI, Swiss Italian Radio Television (CH). July 2015
– Interview Passo a prenderti by Francesca Margiotta with Mario Casanova. Rete Uno. RSI, Swiss Italian Television, April 2015
– Interview by Blauer Hase for Helicotrema Recorded Audio Festival. 58(+1) Indices on the body project. September 2014
– The Voice and the Lens. Whitechapel Gallery, London, UK. Catalogue. June 2014
– The time-specific era. A rare case of video-art distributor in Italy: Visualcontainer. MyTemplart Magazine, May 2014
– Riss(e) n. 3. Studio Ermanno Cristini, Varese, Italy, March 2014
– MACT/CACT Cahier d’art #5. Around human geographies. November 2013
– Segno n.246, Italian Art Magazine. The solitary Body. October-November 2013
– Text contribution for Curare il curatore/To cure the curator by Virginia Zanetti, July 2013 (I)
– Interview by Annabelle Boko for Chance Encounters Interviews. 2013
– Text contribution for Curare il curatore/ To cure the curator by Virginia Zanetti. 2013
-Il corpo solitario. L’autoscatto nella fotografia contemporanea. Giorgio Bonomi. Rubbettino Editore. 2012
– Intimacy and Desecration by Mario Casanova. MACT/CACT Publications (CH), 2012
-OLE Officina di Letteratura Elettronica, Palazzo Arti Napoli (I). Atelier Multimediale Editrice